Point Piper Flower Delivery
Send beautiful flowers and gifts to Point Piper. Whether for birthdays, mothers day, valentines day or any other occasion, we can deliver to Point Piper. Check out our gorgeous creations today.
Point Piper Name Origin
Point Piper is named after Captain John Piper, an original land holder. It was originally known as Elizabeth Henrietta Point.
Point Piper Settlement History
Settlement of the area dates from 1790, although population was minimal until the 1830s when a village was established. Land was used mainly for farming and fishing. Growth took place during the 1880s and 1890s. Expansion continued in the 1920s and 1930s, when many apartments and bungalows were built. Significant development occurred in the post-war years, particularly during the 1950s, with Point Piper becoming a very prestigious area. The population and dwelling stock were relatively stable during the 1990s, and then increased slightly between 2001 and 2011.
Point Piper Features
Major features of the area include the Double Bay commercial centre (including Double Bay Plaza), Double Bay Wharf, Double Bay Marina, Point Piper Marina, Murray Rose Pool, Council offices, Duff Reserve, Epping Reserve, Foster Park, Guilfoyle Park, Lough Playing Fields, Steyne Park, Lady Martins Beach, Seven Shillings Beach, Blackburn Gardens, Double Bay Bowling Club, Royal Prince Edward Yacht Club, The Royal Motor Yacht Club of New South Wales and Double Bay Public School.