Stanhope Gardens Flower Delivery
Send beautiful flowers and gifts to Stanhope Gardens. Whether for birthdays, mothers day, valentines day or any other occasion, we can deliver to Stanhope Gardens. Check out our gorgeous creations today.
Stanhope Gardens Name Origin
John Hillas (1768–1837) arrived in Australia in 1801 and received two land grants (in 1801 and 1804) on the Windsor Road. The second of these, of 150 acres, he named 'Stanhope Farm'. He established an inn, the Stanhope Arms on Windsor Road, to cater for the traffic between the Macquarie Towns and Paramatta. The suburb name reflects these early properties
Stanhope Gardens Settlement History
Settlement of the area dates from 1801, when the first land grant was made. Land was used mainly for farming until the 1990s. Significant development occurred from the early 1990s, with the population growing from about 500 in 1991 to over 8,000 in 2011, a result of large numbers of new dwellings being added to the area.
Stanhope Gardens Features
Major features of the area include Blacktown Leisure Centre (Stanhope), Stanhope Village Shopping Centre, Stanhope Gardens Reserve, John XXIII Catholic Primary School and St Mark’s Catholic College.